Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lookin' up

Our sunflowers are already taller than Silas. We can't wait for them to bloom!
Also, the plants all around the sunflowers are an as of yet unidentified perennial that came up in late May. If anyone knows what it is, let me know! Here's a close-up:
If it flowers, it may be easier to identify and I might just fall in love with it. If it doesn't flower, I'll do my best to remove it. It's cropping up everywhere and seems to spread way-too easily.

Here's another one that was a mystery plant until I found a picture of it in a book on perennials, just yesterday:
It's acanthus, or bear's britches. Another interesting but fast spreading plant that will have to be kept in check.

And, that's your garden update for the day :)

No comments: