Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th

On the 4th of July, we went to Seattle with Patrick to visit friends (Hi M, A, & I). I forgot to put my memory card back in my camera, so I couldn't take many pictures. I have just a couple for you:We had a good old-fashioned meatless barbecue :) Yum! Silas helped us cook. After eating, we headed out to a park:
Silas met a new friend, played in the sand, and rode this whirly ride. Note that Drew is riding with him instead of me. I call this the "Flashback-to-Morning Sickness-Ride." I was more than happy to watch from the sidelines, though even watching them spin did trigger a wee bit of motion sickness. Silas seemed to love it.

We had a great day in Seattle, and were home in time to see Mr. Bear off to bed at his usual time. No fireworks for him (recall his fear of sudden loud noises). I was very thankful that he slept through them.

The rest of the weekend was pretty low key, keeping in mind that our sole car was out of commission. In fact, Drew is at the dealership now getting it fixed. Let's hope it doesn't take too long!

No comments: