Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Letter to Santa, 2011


This Monday, we mailed off Silas' letter to Santa.  Poulsbo has a special mailbox set up just for letters designated for the North Pole.

"Yep, that's how they get there" he said as he dropped his letter in.  It must have gotten there fast, because we already got Santa's reply in Wednesday's mail.


The letter: Silas insisted on addressing it to both Santa and Mrs. Claus.  "That's how you know you'll get what you want" he told me, "if you let Mrs. Claus know. She'll tell Santa to get on it."

Transcription:

Dear Santa and Mrs. Claus,

Merry Christmas!
I want a puppet theater and some Backyardigans costumes.
I have snowflakes on my windows.  My mommy and me made them.  I have three Santa statues on the piano.

I would like an orange in my stocking.  Penguin, my stuffed animal, wants a Spider-man mask and an orange in his stocking that he can look at and study, because he's never seen and orange before.  That will be his lucky day.

My friend Orangutan wants a guitar that he can share with me.  Also an orange.

Love,

Silas

No comments: