Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Silas' List of Thankfulness 09

I asked Silas what he was thankful for, and the list below was his response. I think it's safe to say that he hasn't quite mastered the concept of thankfulness. The list isn't overly long because after a while, he grew tired of the activity and told me he wasn't thankful for anything anymore. One cannot force gratitude. Thankfully, outside of my asking outright what he's grateful for and expecting coherent responses, he does act grateful and tell us "thanks" even unprompted.

Silas' List of Thankfulness 09

Work (aren't a lot of people these days?)
Bread
Daddy
Nuts
Alphabet (letters l,m,n,o,p in particular)
Blocks
Icky foods
Ambulances
Little superhero man
Toys
Mommy
Icky people
Stinky pie
Horses
Dreams of horses

2 comments:

Lil mama Karen said...

I love this idea. I liked how Silas was thankful for the icky things also.
I tried asking my little man what he was thankful for but he was too into his play. I will have to try again later.

Unknown said...

It was a bit like pulling teeth. I think it was almost easier last year when he could barely talk. Then he just said basically the only words he knew. This year, he was savvy enough to try to avoid the exercise all together :)