Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pole beans, pumpkins, and so on

I didn't know how big pole beans could grow. Silas helped me pick some that had to be about 10 inches long.


I made several bean and carrot pies with them (the S is for Silas, of course :)

Over the weekend, Silas helped me dig up potatoes:
He's quite fond of the cinderella pumpkins, one of which we'll have fun carving come October:

An eggplant blossom...don't know if we'll get an eggplant or not. Fingers crossed!

The zucchinis keep coming:

Well, enough of the garden. I'll have posts unrelated to gardening in the weeks ahead, I promise!

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Lovely garden! What's the recipe for the pie? Looks yummy! :)

Grandma G said...

That is a truly impressive garden! I was given some zuchinni jam yesterday and it was very good (with pineapple). The frost will be on the pumpkin before we are ready for it in Wisconsin!!!! Love, Grandma G.

Grandma G said...

Zucchini Casserole: 2 med. zucchini, sliced thin; 1 med onion (sliced thin); 2 eggs; 1/3 c. melted butter; 8 oz. cheese, chubed; 1 c. saltine cracker crumbs. Cook veggies translucent; mix them with cheese and put in dish. Pour beaten eggs over and sprinkle with crumbs and drizzle butter.Season and bake 20 min. @ 350.

Jessi said...

Oooh, the zucchini casserole recipe sounds delicious...