Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good-bye, point-n-shoot

Our new, fabulous camera arrived! I don't think I can ever go back to a point and shoot after experiencing this camera. It is much more technical, so there is a lot for me to learn. I took a gazillion pictures today trying to figure things out. Drew gave me a crash course in aperture and the like. Clearly, while looking through the photos, I still have a lot to learn, but I'm posting some of the ones I think turned out okay. I'm sure Drew would tweak them all in Photoshop, but I'm not as picky as he is yet. I'll get there eventually.

A new day is dawning. From here on out, photo quality on both of the blogs should improve.

A couple Drew snapped at the cafe this morning:

This camera has a great lense and I'm really impressed with the clarity. Just for fun, I left the file size on this picture large. If you click on it, you can see how clear it is. Oh, and look who's reflected in Si's beautiful eyes!
This is our yard; the lower pasture. The sheep are out to graze and Silas is demonstrating the fact that he is no longer afraid of them. In fact, roles are about to reverse as the sheep go running from him in terror.
This is Azure, our young and most handsome sheep. He's the alpha sheep, if there is such a thing.
At the park this afternoon; Silas steers the ship. Ahoy, young matey!
After the park, one tired tot with crazy hair.
No doubt you will see more pictures from today and the days to come as I figure out more and more about my new toy. Also, expect videos...with sound! No more silent home movies, and no more point-n-shoot!

No comments: