Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Polliwog Camp


This week, Silas attended Polliwog Camp at Stillwaters Environmental Center. I think it's safe to say that he thought nature camp was awesome. The campers hiked on local trails, studied bugs, bird-watched, did nature art, and learned about ecology.

There's a fabulous climbing tree on the grounds, which saw lots of use. Silas also told me that he made a secret fort with several of the other boys.

There were three other children at the camp from Silas' class at preschool, and I think this helped make Silas feel comfortable right away. Here he is with friend J, in the gazebo overlooking the pond:

When I asked Silas what his very favorite thing about camp had been, he said it was "walking on the trail looking at the ecology huts." I don't quite know what that means, but I'll take his word for it.

No comments: